Value Driven Teamwork

by blogadmin 14. January 2019 05:02

TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERSHIP WEEKLY | TEAM BUILDING EDITION

This quote is a great reminder of what distinguishes great teams:

"The only thing we have is one another. The only competitive advantage we have is the culture and values of the company. Anyone can open up a coffee shop. We have no technology, we have no patent. All we have is the relationship around values of the company and what we bring the customer every day. And we all have to own it." 

~Howard Schultz, Chairman, President, & CEO, Starbucks

Consider the following, if this were true about your team,

-would the values of your company cause you to excel?

-would your culture rise above the rest?

-does everyone on your team own it?

If so, you have a great team. If not, perhaps it's time to consider how you can engage the entire team into your values and culure.

All the Best, 

Rhoda 

Get Off The Hamster Wheel

by blogadmin 28. December 2018 01:41

 

  

Carol Helsel | HR & Recruiting Edition | December 28, 2018

With the New Year just around the corner, many people are working on goal setting. Personally, we set New Year's resolutions for self-improvement. Professionally, we make sure goals tie into vision or larger strategy, they're in the right format, and they represent an accomplishment we can be rewarded for.

With all of the talk on goal setting, I wonder how much time people spend on talking about failure to reach goals. According to the University of Scranton, a whopping 92% of people who set New Year's goals never actually achieve them. That leaves 8% of us in a very elite category of goal-achievers. We can easily come up with a list of reasons we didn't reach our goals, but have we ever considered the process of setting goals to be flawed from the beginning?

Adam Alter, A New York Times Best Seller who also teaches at New York University Stern School of Business defines a goal as being similar to a sign post. We set it, look at it from afar, and then move towards it. While we're moving towards it, we're in a period of being unsuccessful until we hit the goal. If we don't hit it, we're just simply unsuccessful.

View Adam's short video on reframing your thinking for greater success and a greater chance of living in the category of GOAL ACHIEVER.

VIDEO: GOAL SETTING IS A HAMSTER WHEEL. LEARN TO SET SYSTEMS INSTEAD. 

Asking The Right Questions

by blogadmin 13. November 2018 06:43

Rhoda Kreuzer | Leadership Edition | November 12, 2018

While many leaders are busy seeking answers, few are evaluating if they are asking the right questions. Gaining answers is easy, but if they are answers to the wrong questions, then the answers have little value.

Consider the following as an example of some questions that have limited value: "I wonder how much this will cost? How much time will it take?" While these are not necessarily bad questions, they are not the most important questions we should be asking.

Instead, consider the power of asking, "What is the most important thing that I can do that will change my business?"

The difference is one puts the "cost" of a change or a decision in context of the impact it will have on our business and team. The others simply point out obstacles. The reality is that anything that is truly important will have obstacles to implementing the change. That, however, should not stop us from doing what is important-instead it informs our strategy for implementation.

Personal Challenge:

Begin today to evaluate the questions you are posing to yourself and others. Make sure the best questions are being asked and achieving true success! 

All The Best,

Rhoda 

 

Powered by BlogEngine.NET 1.4.5.0 | Theme by Micro Visions, Inc.